Saturday, October 24, 2015

Who is this kid, a tardis project, and an unfinished crochet afghan

Yesterday my little prince came home from school, hung my keys up on he hook (I had to have him unlock the door for me because my hands were full), took off his shoes, set them by the door, ask politely if he could play his video game, got himself a snack (the last piece of pizza), and put the empty pizza box in the trash...who is this kid and what has he done to my child?!  He also brought home an excellent behavior score.  He's rated 0-3 on his behavior in each class.  He has to do something pretty bad to get a 0, like getting in a fight or flat out refusing to work. He brought home all 3s and one 2.  I'm very happy with that.

My husband told me of his plan to treat the seahorses.  it sounds feasible, but unfortunately we don't have the funds to get the meds they need right now.  I hate the last part of the month!  Getting paid only once a month is still hard to budget.


I started crocheting a book bag for my niece that looks like the Dr. Who Tardis.  I found the pattern on Pinterest while looking for a project to start.  My sister said when the little punklet saw it on my Facebook profile she squealed so loud sis became partially deaf.  I guess I made a good choice!  Unfortunately I ran out of blue yarn and don't have any play money to get more.  The punklet says she doesn't care how long it takes as long as she gets it!  It took me a day to do the back and bottom so it should only be a day or two more to finish it.  Then I'll line it and maybe put her name on it somewhere...maybe.


I started working on one of my unfinished projects, a ripple American flag afghan.  No pattern, I made it up.  Unfortunately, it shows!  I didn't make the field of blue wide enough so it looks like the stripes are going the wrong way.   I'm trying to add to it, but I know it'll show.  I'm tempted to take it apart, but it's taken me 8 years of working on it when I have nothing else to work on to get this far so I want to finish it and see how it looks all done. 

I remember why I stopped writing in this blog...I wrote more about my crocheting than I did about my life so I just left it to my crochet blog

No comments:

Post a Comment