Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Seasonal Affective Disorder

My little prince was in a bad mood this morning. I hope he has a good day at school.  I half expect to get a call from the school later because he acted out somehow.

It's that time of year again where I get a touch of the blues. Every fall I have a problem doing the dishes, cleaning the floor, getting laundry done, even showering!  I looked up Seasonal Affective Disorder and I don't think I have that, not really.  I don't feel depressed.  Just "blah." I just don't care if the housework falls apart, even though it really bothers me that there's stuff on the floor, on the counters, dirty dishes in the sink, etc.  I just don't seem to have the energy to do anything about it.  I hate how it looks, but don't care enough to change it!  Then I hate that about myself.  Then I get more of a case of the blues because I think I'm telling my family that they aren't important enough for me to take care of.  Ok, so maybe then I get depressed. It just really seems like there is nothing I can do about it. Yes, I can get up and clean.  And yet I can't. I physically can't. 
 
Well, this wasn't where I wanted this post to go!  I wanted to say that I've been working on crocheting a circular sweater like the one in the photo (pattern found here) for someone out in California. I think it's adorable! I keep running out of yarn though!  I have had to buy five 4 oz skeins so far, and hopefully that's enough! 

I brought out my studio photo equipment to start taking better pictures of my work.  I've been snapping blurry camera phone photos and I'm sure that's not helping my crochet business at all.  I'll have to put it a bit more effort to clean up my photography. Ugh, "effort" at this time of year.  What was I just saying above? Well, I'll give it a shot!

I think I'll go make an "effort" to clean up the kitchen. My recorded episode of "Archie Bunker's Place" is over.  Maybe with some good music playing I can muddle through at least part of it.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment