Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween, Morbo, rodents

Yesterday we took the little prince out for Halloween. I saw my grandma's best friend in the nursing home, where my grandma was when she died a few years ago.  She was 90.  Her friend is now 93 or 94. She didn't recognize me right off, I was wearing a Pac Man costume and wore a crocheted hat with cherries around the brim that I made to go with it.  Once I called her on it she knew who I was.  Our little prince didn't make much of an impression on the elderly, but the staff that saw him loved it.  Then we took him to the downtown businesses (only about 2 blocks of walking both sides of the street) and he caused all kinds of ruckus there.  People were pointing and calling out to each other over him.  I personally think the pillow in the shirt just makes the costume. Oh, and the stuffed donut he carried around with him.

As you see here, I finished Morbo. The blanket itself isn't very big, but his head is HUGE! My husband seems well pleased with it.  I'm pretty pleased myself, I can't help smiling when I look at it.  It took me around a week to complete.  I took time to eat, sleep, and do housework, but the rest of my time was spent on him.  Now that he's done I have some sewing projects I want to do. I still need to work on knitting a baby blanket for a friend having her first child.  She's going  to like what I'm doing with it, I think. But since I cleaned up my craft corner in the living room I can't find the red yarn I was using so can't work on it further until I do!  I'll work on refashioning some clothes my "Aunt" gave me that she was going to donate.  I've already started on one and I hope it comes out the way I imagine it.  I've already ripped it to pieces.

Our seahorses  still look despondent.  Yesterday morning I found one dead and even though I expected it, it still made me sad.  I haven't fed the others yet this morning so I don't know if they're getting better yet or not.  They spent yesterday cuddled together.  I guess that's  good sign.  Maybe it's a bad one, I don't know.  From where I sit now I can't see them so I can't update till later.

Our Shaddous the rat is doing well.  Better than we expected, even. Autumn is here, so the days and nights are cooler and they sleep more.  When I came downstairs this morning they were already settled in for the day, which is pretty early for them.

Nermal the mouse is still doing well too.  The old geezer loves it when her cage gets cleaned and I gave it a thorough cleaning yesterday.  I threw a paper towel in there when I refilled her bedding and she was so happy she wasn't sure whether to curl up to sleep on it, tear it to shreds, or drag it into her box.  So she tried doing all three at once.  That was very amusing for me. Today it's in her box.   She'll work on shredding it as the days go  on.  I need to get her some food today.  The last of it is in her bowl and she's eating it.

I've had my coffee already, but I have to feed the seahorses, go do the dishes and maybe eat something before I start any projects. That pile of flannel on the couch is mocking me though!  I'm sure I'll get to that before long!

No comments:

Post a Comment