Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween, seahorses, and rats, oh my!

Halloween is tomorrow and our little town is having 2 days of trick or treating.  Tonight is the downtown businesses and "the old folk's home" and tomorrow is residential.  We usually take the little prince downtown and to the retirement home anyway so tonight will be good for us.  I'm going to give him one of my tote bags to haul it all home, a Walmart bag usually isn't big enough to carry it all! 
He's going to be Homer Simpson from The Simpsons.  He wore blue sweatpants and a white tee shirt to school today and will put on the hat I made him later.
I'll stuff his shirt with a pillow after school and he'll be the cutest little Homer ever! He decided a couple months ago that he wanted to be Homer Simpson so I started on the hat.  I am not completely happy with it but I think he's recognizable as Homer, especially since I fully expect him to walk around saying "D'OH" all the while.



My Morbo throw is nearly finished.  I have the picture all filled in and am going over the lettering at the bottom to make it more legible.  Then I'll snap a photo before putting it in the washer.  My little prince laughed with glee when he saw it.  Before i finish that up I'll have to clean up the basement and pick up a few things in the living room.  We have a possible inspection coming up next weekend and we have to have everything neat and orderly.  I don't know why that's so hard for me.  I like to look around and see everything put away in its proper place but just never want to get up and do it!  It's harder when the sun isn't shining.  Aaaaaaaaand this morning it was so foggy I couldn't see the headlights of other cars till they were about 30 yards away.  So that means the house will suffer. 

To top that off, I found one of our precious seahorses dead this morning.  I didn't have any hope for this particular one, he went on what we call "a hunger strike" a couple months ago and hadn't fully recovered.  He had started eating again, but not enough to get his strength up.  when the tank got sick, they all stopped eating and it was too much for him.  He was already emaciated and couldn't afford to stop eating again.  I do have high hopes for Malcolm, he's already started eating again, not much, but still something!  He's the one that has the air bubbles in his tail that make him swim upside down.  He's trying to stay down instead of letting himself bob up to the top all the time.  That's a good sign.  Our little girl though, I'm not sure about.  I'm hopeful, but not as much as for Malcolm.  Bailey is a runt and we're astounded that she's lived almost a year now.  She was doomed from the start and gets closer to death every day, forgive my pessimism. She was a tiny baby the day she was born, and she had developed an air bubble in her chest at some point that kept her floating at the top for a week.  I just kept feeding the tank and hoped that she was getting enough nutrition from swallowing the water that was in her vicinity and she did.   She got big enough to fight the pull to the top and lived long enough for the air bubble to get absorbed into her system .  She's now still the size of a 4 month old, but she has doubled in size since we put her in the big tank from the baby tank.  she and Malcolm have shown promising signs of bonding so I'm hoping they survive this disease and make more babies.  Babies are always welcome in this home.  That'll make me feel better!

Shaddous is doing better too!  She still wheezes when she breathes, but I have to be close to her to hear it. She's eating solid food and even playing again.  I just love that my husband sits up with her every night to make sure she gets her medicine. What a man I married!

No comments:

Post a Comment