Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A finished project

I had a dream about my grandma a couple nights ago.  It was a nice dream, we were walking together in her flower garden while she watered the flowers. Even though she moved out of that house when I was 14 I still dream about her there.   I told my little prince about this dream and he seemed to have trouble understanding that even though she's dead I can still dream about her.

My little prince charming hasn't been bringing home his behavior reports for the past couple weeks.  His teachers are supposed to rate his behavior in each class period and make notes if anything noteworthy occurred.  I asked him why he wasn't bringing home his work and he told me if he gives the paper to his teachers, they might put a 0 on it (the worst score possible) and he didn't want that.  He gets consequences when he brings home low scores and he's figured out a way to avoid that.  This is the first year they've had him be responsible for taking it from teacher to teacher and this is what he does with that responsibility! I'm not surprised. I told him if he didn't bring one home today he didn't get his computer tonight after school.

the front
I finished the first circle sweater I had started.  I'm a little upset as the yarn was so drapey that it stretched out when I put it on my dressmaker form and ended up with the sleeves a lot longer than I thought they'd be.


 I like the way the front ruffles up when it's buttoned.   The pattern actually calls for a button cover but I didn't make one.  I don't think it needs one. 
button detail






the back
I didn't take a pic of myself in it to model it because the circle design on the back makes me look like I'm wearing a bustle. Who am I kidding, I look like I'm wearing one anyway! ;-)


It's a cloud covered day here is Southern Michigan.  It made for a beautiful sunrise this morning.  I wish I had a clear view of it although the trees make  a stunning silhouette against it.  I've been wanting to take more nature pictures lately and haven't gotten out to do so.  I just never feel like getting out by myself.  If my husband wasn't so affected by the changing weather I'd bug him to go with me, but it's all he can do to get himself into the living room some days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment