Thursday, October 22, 2015

Random thoughts from a scatterbrain

Today I walked into the kitchen after getting ready for my day and found a sink full of dirty dishes.  I hate that.  I set an alarm for 8 pm every night that reminds us all to clean up before settling in for the night.  Apparently I ignored it last night.  Puts me in a grumpy mood for the rest of the day.  I cleaned it up and it made me feel a bit better.  I don't have any projects to work on right now so maybe I can do a nice detailed cleaning of the living room.  Still have to do laundry.  I picked up some clothes on the floor of the little prince's bedroom and got enough for another load!  I haven't been remembering to remind him to do his chores at night (at 8:00!) so his bedroom is a terrible mess.  Normally it's just a mess.  Today he has a dentist appointment after school to get a few fillings.  He didn't have any decay in his teeth, but I guess he has an anomaly that occurred in 3 of them where his teeth formed around a tiny air pocket in the grinding surface of the molars.  6 months ago there was no notice of it but last cleaning they noticed that these three teeth all had a pit in the "peak" of his tooth surface.  They have to be filled or else they will decay.  Sealant will not stick to it.  There is nothing wrong with these teeth, but they need to be filled.  Very frustrating!  Little Prince Charming hates going to the dentist and he knows his appointment is coming so will probably take it out on his classmates.  He did yesterday.  I got a note home saying that he spit on and kicked another child.  I was very upset until I got the whole story out of him (no easy feat, I assure you).  This other kid was annoying him so he told him sharply "DON'T" and a little spittle came out of his mouth and landed on the other kid.  The other kid was understandably upset so wiped it on my son.  This of course, upset my little prince, who showed his disapproval by kicking the other kid in the shin.  *sigh*  I asked him if the teacher knew the whole story and he said she did, the other kid told her everything.  I made sure the story was accurate and he said it was.  I may make sure she knows that he didn't spit on purpose, that part bothers me for some reason.  He assured me she knows, but the way the note was written tells me that maybe she doesn't.  I think as long as I have the computer here I'll send her an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment