Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The shoot that never was

I got a call today from an unrecognized number, so I answered my phone as my business phone rather than my personal one. Good thing, I thought, as it was a call for the studio. I was asked several questions about packages and prices and photo sizes. A few minutes later I got another call from the same number asking for an appointment. Wonderful! I set up the time, cleaned like a banshee (cursing under my breath that the apartment manager hasn't got the carpet cleaners here yet when I called to have her do it 2 months ago), and got the camera and backdrops, etc. set up. Just a few minutes before the appointed time came, I got another call asking for directions. A minute later another call saying that she was in the building and couldn't find me. Not unusual, our apartment building has an unmarked door at the end of the entryway through which the apartments themselves lie. This happens all the time. I walked out to meet them and brought them in to my home. I was first asked if I did this all the time. I replied that yes I did. Then I was asked if I had any cute backdrops. I told them no i didn't, but that I took really cute pictures. I asked if it was going to be a problem and was told, much to my chagrin that yes it "kinda" was. I apologized and thought that perhaps I should have mentioned the plain colored backgrounds in our conversation. I was told that they were just going to go to WALMART for their photos. I audibly gasped. I tried to tell them that I take really cute pictures, but they were more interested in the background than their daughters sweet little face. They actually left! I didn't even get the opportunity to turn on my camera! I am hurt, frustrated, and angry. But after a rapid text conversation with my bestie, and a gigantic bowl of Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Panic, I am no longer breathing fire. Darn, I forgot to ask her where she heard of me and how she got my number.

No comments:

Post a Comment