Friday, September 11, 2009

4th Birthday!

I can't believe it! 4 years old. It doesn't seem possible. Wasn't he just born like a year ago? Or was it that long?

We had a good day. I made Chocolate Chip Pancakes for breakfast, hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for lunch, and gave him pizza and chocolate pudding for supper. We visited my grandma, one of his favorite people in the world, and invited him to his birthday party tonight. And we got a very important phone call! Head Start called and told me that since the GSRP program still wasn't approved for funding they bumped him into Head Start because of his IEP for speech therapy. Today is our home visit to give him one last assessment, then a quick lunch before dropping him off at my parents house and on our way to parent orientation, which is supposed to take around 1 to 1-1/2 hours! i have no idea what could take that long. Then a quick trip to the store to pick up a birthday present and ice cream and back home to make frosting for the chocolate cake that the little prince specifically asked for, and his party.

I asked Little Prince Charming how old he was today and he said "3." I smiled and said "no-o-o" and he smiled back and said very excitedly "4!" People have been thinking he was 4 for ages now. He's a tall guy, like his daddy. He always asks for my coffee in the morning and this morning I gave him his own cup. Sort of. It was a few drops of coffee, enough to cover the bottom of the mug, some caramel sundae syrup, and some sugar free french vanilla coffee mate. The rest was water. I don't know if he is going to drink it or not but he sure was excited to get it!

My sil sent me a text last night. As long as both our kids are going to morning school, she wants to take the free time to exercise. I think that sounds wonderful! I've been slowly whittling away the ounces with steady control of my diet. I'd rather slowly whittle away pounds.

I'm off to start my day. *cue Mighty Mouse music*

No comments:

Post a Comment