Saturday, April 11, 2009

asthma and a sinus infection

sinus infections aren't a big deal for most people, but couple that with asthma in a 3 year old who doesn't know how to be still and it's a life and death situation! Such is the way my weekend has gone. My sweet little prince had the sniffles for a couple days and I waited to see if it would clear up on its own. I decided halfway through Thursday that if he wasn't any better Friday morning I was calling his ped. He started coughing Friday morning so I called and they got him in that morning, thankfully! He was on antibiotics all day and still got worse. I think maybe they had to catch up. Last night he woke up hollering in the middle of the night so I gave him his rx cough med since he was due for a dose anyway. I also gave him a breathing treatment to stave off an attack. he pretty much passed out afterward. This rx cough med is really good. It takes care of his cough completely. He spiked a fever of 101.1 yesterday and again this morning. poor little guy just wants to lay around watching movies and darn it I'm going to let him! So much for shopping for his Easter presents today. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment