Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Me, an author?

I'm a photographer. I love taking pictures of people, landscapes, animals, just about anything. but in between shoots I craft. I crochet, I bead, I started to learn to sew, and am learning to knit. A friend recently told me that while the photography business (New Memories Photography) is slow I should think of writing a pattern book for crochet. I laughed at the idea, but she saw through me. "You're thinking about it aren't you?" she asked. I couldn't deny she was right. I had already wondered, in the 3 seconds since her statement, whether I should go for a theme, such as cancer awareness projects, or if I should stick to a book of hats and scarves...I have so many ideas for different roads I can take this down that I can't start any kind of book or focus on any other project! I think what I am going to do is finish the legwarmers and flower pillow I'm making for the flower child (my niece, Abi), and I'm going to finish the sock monkey throw for little Prince Charming (my son), oh, then I have a baby blanket to finish knitting in the next 6 weeks or so, unless I decide to give it to the newborn as a Christmas gift, in which case I can set it aside and work on it later...do you see my problem with focus? It's a definite issue that needs to be addressed. No, fixed. It needs to be fixed. Focus, Kendra. Ok, so I believe that after the wedding I'm shooting on Saturday, the Relay for Life event on June 10-11, and getting into a summertime routine with my family, I may have enough of a focus to start, well, enough focus to come up with a plan. If my other projects are finished and I haven't started any new ones. That's a big "if."

No comments:

Post a Comment