Friday, May 6, 2011

Cancer Quilt Project

For a Relay for Life Auction, I'm going to put together a cancer "quilt." It will actually be an afghan, but I like the alliteration :D

I need my knitter and crocheter friends to work up 6" squares using any stitch, any pattern, any color you wish. If you'd like to make a square in honor of someone, there are specific colors for specific types of cancer found here

If you're drawing a blank as to a pattern to make your square, you can find ideas here

Any questions, please ask! The most important thing is that the squares have to be 6 inches, so they fit together properly without ruffling or puckering. I will collect the squares and sew them together and organize the auction. If you live too far away to meet me, I'll PM you my address so you can mail them. I'll be sure to update progress, share pictures, and announce what we got for it when it's all over and done.

If you don't crochet or knit, pass the info on to someone who does. Let's help raise money to fight cancer and raise awareness!

No comments:

Post a Comment