Wednesday, January 19, 2011

bad start to a good day (hopefully)

Yesterday my little prince had no school because of road conditions. I receive a text from the webmaster of the public school's site and also a call from the school itself. When I got the call I turned off my alarm so I could sleep in. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn it back on for today. So today i wake up at 8:43 (the bus comes around 8:10, class starts at 8:45) and hurried to get the little guy ready fro school. I actually debated a minute on it because he's been coughing and the weather doesn't help his asthma. He got his antibiotic, cough syrup, and a breathing treatment this morning. So I get him together and out the door to find the car was covered with a layer of ice. Hard, dry, stubborn ice. I didn't comb my hair or bother to put on socks, let alone shower(!) in order to get the little man out the door as quickly as possible, but now I have to scrape hard, stubborn, dry ice off the car. I finally get moving and about a quarter mile down the road, the defroster heats up. I take him to class and get back home in time to get ready for work. so my diet is completely shot, I had a frozen breakfast sandwich as I was running around getting things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment