Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas (rambling)

Christmas is losing it's appeal for me a little more every year. I think it's become more of an obligation to go out and choose gifts for people than the fun adventure it used to be. I see one set of aunt/uncle about twice a year except by accident and it's difficult to choose a gift that would mean something to them. Everyone else in my family has everything they want or need and if they don't they are fortunate enough to be able to go out and get it!

My little prince charming's Christmas was a happy one though. He got lots of clothes, which he needs, but also a book (he's a big reader too), cars, and the best gift of all, a scooter from my grandma. I think maybe tomorrow I'm going to pack it up in the car and let him show her how well he does on it. It'll be fun this spring to see him outside on it.

I did have fun making gifts this year. I made everything for everybody! My one brother didn't get anything yet and I'll order him an audio book online when I can, but everyone else got crocheted stuff. My parents each got a blanket, my niece got a skirt, my nephew got fingerless gloves, one set of aunt/uncle got hats, the other set got slipper socks, my grandma got slippers. My other brother and sis-in-law don't exchange gifts with us, we just buy for each other's kids, but he wants me to make him a blanket too because he claims his wife takes the one he likes to nap under on the couch! lol I'm trying to get a black bear pattern for him. I think he'd like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment