Thursday, August 27, 2009

GRITS choice

My Sister's Keeper is the next book club book. It is different from what we've read so far...in several ways. It's fiction, but not fantastic. It's drama, but not mystery. I'm looking forward to our local library getting it back so I can begin it. I even reserved a copy on tape for my brother who joined us this meeting. He keeps saying I dragged him along and that he's not going back but I'm not going to let him punk us out. We had 2 more members join us as well. Three of the others did not come, but I and my trusty sidekick were the two loyal who came. I sent a text to my cousin asking her straight out to make me a moderator for our yahoo group so I can add our meetings to the calendar and send out invitations. I haven't heard back yet but I hope she agrees.

I've been learning to sew and I have discovered that I love it! I've been begging old clothes to modify and rework to find out what my limitations are. My trusty sidekick/big sis/bff gave me this truly awesome dress that was falling apart at the seams. I have it torn up and cut up already with what I consider to be a really great idea for it. I sure hope it works out since I don't have a pattern and am just a beginner. Of course it may take a while for me to work it up because my dh has taken over my sewing machine doing re-upholstery work. He's pretty good. He recovered my piano bench, made cushions for a folding canvas chair that was falling apart, fashioned a backpack for our son, and made a pillow just for fun before beginning the large job on a recliner we were offered on the reuse it group. The large downside is that I can't see my living room floor anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment