Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family Reunion

Yesterday was the family reunion for my husband's side of the family. Unfortunately he was nursing a migraine so couldn't go. It wasn't held very far from home so I drove myself and the little prince. Google maps is available on my phone so I used it to get there, having never driven in the area myself and having never visited the cousin's home. Google maps is usually found to be reliable, but the version on my phone has a lot to be desired. I used it once before to get to a friend's house and it had me looking on the wrong side of the road. This time, not only was I looking on the wrong side of the road, I was traveling 1.7 miles down the road to find it when the house is standing next to the corner trading post at the intersection! After passing the place 3 times, my cousin steps out into the road and waves her arms as I approached town again. I almost ran out of gas. That's not to mention the return trip where I turned right instead of left and ended up in another city entirely. A 25 minute trip took me 1.25 hours. But at least there was a gas station there! Gas was also 7 cents cheaper there than in my hometown.

So visiting with family was great. There weren't very many attenders and I feel bad that the table was almost groaning out loud with the weight of the food that was prepared for the occasion. (I had forgotten my potato salad at home, but didn't feel bad about it when I saw the spread!) I snapped pictures of everybody doing everything. It was also a celebration for one member's birthday so there was cake and ice cream. I think the highlight was when my little Prince decided to overbalance while trying to put a stick into the tube that fountain water was bubbling out of in the backyard pond and fell in face first. Luckily 1) the area he was in was only 1.5 ft deep, 2) Cousin K was standing next to him when he fell and snatched him up right quick, and 3) it didn't bother little Prince Charming one iota. In fact, he almost fell in 2 more times before the end of the day. He had to wear our cousin's tshirt until his own clothes were dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment