Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What a great day!

This morning the little prince and I went for a walk with my brother like we normally do. Our friend and her youngest son came with us. They met us there. They walked there, actually. After walking her daughter to school across town. then they walked a mile with us! Nearing the end of the mile, her little one was complaining about his legs getting tired and wanting to go home. i traded his place holding her hand with Little Prince Charming's place in the stroller. He didn't like it much, but he was glad to rest. My little prince held onto my friend's hand and walked right along with us. I was so proud. I usually tell people I can't let him go because I'll never see him again! He's a runner. After our walk, we took my brother to pay his phone bill, and to pay his son's dental bill. While we were out, we went to the dollar store to get a couple birthday cards. My little prince was so good all morning, I told him we'd come back this afternoon and get him a present. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do that. We're having car trouble and my husband took our running vehicle to work and I didn't think about that happening when I made the promise. So I hope to take him tomorrow instead. This afternoon, we went outside to play. I got out my chalk and traced his Mickey Mouse on our patio. Then he had to get ALL of his Mickey's for me to trace. After that, we brought out his tricycle and I started working with him again on how to ride it. It's been 2 years I've been trying to teach him to push with one foot at a time and apparently today I used the right word combination because he figured it out! He took off riding that thing like crazy! He still has a little trouble steering while pedaling, but it's only his first day! I told him maybe later he could try it with his bike too. He liked that idea. Unfortunately we got hot and cranky and I don't think I'll let him go back outside tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful though!

No comments:

Post a Comment