Tuesday, April 19, 2011

crocheting for a cause

I've been crocheting a cancer "quilt" for a while now. the idea is to get all my crocheter/knitter friends to participate with making 6 inch squares and I'll sew them all together and see how big we can make it. I have enough squares between what I've done and what's been turned in to me to make a throw blanket. I'm impressed with the response I've received so far. I have others pledging to send squares by my deadline of May 31. The quilt will be auctioned off at the local Relay for Life event. I'm hoping it brings in enough money to make all the time and energy worthwhile. I don't know though, because I live in a small community, but it's a worthy cause...it could go either way.

I recently took a break from the cancer quilt project to create an Autism Awareness tote bag. It amazed me that there are no free patterns out there for autism awareness. I decided rather than buy a pattern (which in itself was hard enough to find) I'd create my own. This is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment