Thursday, September 9, 2010

Transportation is going to give me an ulcer.

Yesterday was unimaginable. I put my little prince on the bus for the first time. He got on and didn't look back. I was bored all day long. I cleaned and scrubbed and tidied and wondered what the heck I'd have left to do today if i kept it up. Finally it's time to go get him off the bus. Kids came off, he wasn't one of them. I called to the driver. He had the backpack with him, but no little prince. He hollered for him. He mentioned that (duh) he must've gotten on the bus because he had the backpack. He thought for a moment and said that he thought my little prince got off at another stop. he asked if he was a little blond boy. I affirmed and started panicking. The driver offered to take me to the previous stop and I thought it would be quicker than to walk the half city block or so back to my own vehicle. So he drove me to the previous stop where we saw my little prince charming playing at the park on a slide. I almost collapsed from relief. The bus pulled up and opened it's doors and the driver called out his name. He looked up and came running back onto the bus. He almost walked past me but I tugged on his shirt. He turned and looked at me and said "oh hi mom" like there was nothing in the world wrong. He hugged me and said "I'm happy to see you" and I told him that he had no idea how happy I was to see him too!

No comments:

Post a Comment