Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Head Start volunteer

I stayed in the classroom with my little prince today! It was kinda cute how possessive he was of me at first, holding my hand and taking me around the classroom, showing me where the books were and where he sits. A couple of little girls latched onto me soon after and he didn't mind. He mostly plays by himself there. He got upset when another boy took away the magnifying glass he was getting out for me. He was holding one and took another and I don't know if the other boy didn't think he should have two or just wanted the one Jordan took, but tried to take it away from him. That was the only problem he had all day. Well, there was the time we were lining up in the hall to go for a walk and Jordan pushed another kid down. the other kid got too close apparently! I was told that I was the first parent to volunteer in the class! It's been a month since school started and I'm the first! I couldn't believe it. I'm planning on going back tomorrow since my brother isn't allowed to leave the house when he's sick (transplant patient and all) and I take him walking every morning, normally (him being blind). I got to see a tornado drill. The principal was not impressed, though it was the first. I also got to see one of the speech therapists give my little prince a Battelle. That's a test that measures progress. I had to answer some of her questions anyway so she was glad I was there. He (according to the test) has several skills that aren't expected till age 5. That always makes a mother feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment